Manhattan New York Real Estate market is an unique market place, we work with many out of town and international buyers who brings their own ideas and previous experiences of Real Estate transaction into this market place and realize that there is a different way to complete a Real Estate transaction in Manhattan New York. Working with us, we will educate you not only the market, we will also educate you through out the entire Manhattan New York condo buying process.
Unlike other parts of the country or world, when a buyer makes an offer on a property here in New York, the offer is made through us, the Real Estate agents and the buyers do not sign any contracts when making an offer.
Real Estate professionals DO NOT WRITE the contracts here in Manhattan New York. Title companies DO-NOT schedule the closings here either. Manhattan New York is an Real Estate attorney state, therefore all closing arrangements are done through Manhattan New York certified Real Estate attorneys. Both buyer and seller will each need an attorney to represent each party. We work with experienced Real Estate attorneys that we will able to recommend you one that best suited for your purchase.
To make an offer here in Manhattan New York in the case of Manhattan New York condominiums, as a buyer you will need:
- Proof of funds: if it is all cash, a bank or stock statement demonstrate that there is enough cash to make the purchase (ideally a United States bank or stock statement). If it is financing contingent, pre-approval from a United State bank is a must.
- Any contingencies: in Manhattan New York, the common contingencies includes financing contingency to ensure bank will lend, funding contingency to ensure bank will fund the transaction, and other sale contingency; if there any prior sale need to happen in order to make the new purchase. Manhattan New York Real Estate market usually do not have 'INSPECTION' period especially in Manhattan New York market place, most are condominiums or cooperative structure, inspection is often for Townhouses or single houses only, therefore, there is usually NO INSPECTION contingent as other parts of the country. Manhattan New York condominiums are purchased AS IS.
- Closing date: This will depend on if you are buying a new condo or a resale condo. If it is a new condominium buying from sponsor, and the condo is ready, the closing date can be as soon as one to two weeks. If it is a new condominium and the construction is still on the way, then this time frame varies. If it is a resale condominium, if the owner is ready to move, and the transaction is all cash, then the time frame can be 45 days as soon as condo board approves the condo application. If financing for a resale condo, this time frame can be 60-90 days or more.
- Personal Financial statement: This is sometimes required depending on the property (or if cooperative) and if there are other multiple bidding scenario. The personal financial statement includes all assets disclosure such as bank statements, 401K, retirement funds, other owned real estate, other mortgage or liabilities and etc. Full disclosure is a must if it is a Manhattan New York cooperative disclosure.
Once the offer is verbally accepted by the owner (seller), then we will have to provide a Real Estate attorney information immediately to start the contract. We work with a team of experienced Real Estate attorneys that we will able to recommend you one that best suited for your purchase.
If you or someone you know would like to buy or sell Manhattan New York condominiums, please call us directly today at (917) 837- 8869 or (646) 644- 6929. We specialize in Manhattan New York condominium market and have experiences selling Manhattan New York condos in different neighborhoods, we offer confidential consultation customize to your specific investment needs.
- Manhattan NY Condos FAQ: What is Common Charge in Manhattan New York Condominium Market?
- International students’ parents buy Manhattan NYC Condos