For 15+ years I have been instructing for 4-5 Realtor association schools. About two classes ago I decided to incorporate Active Rain into my Real Estate Sales Class. In preparation for this, I set up a AR Group(Real Estate Sales). This decision has produced one of the more rewarding situations in my training career ! Here are just a couple of my observations of how AR can be used to enhance your training class:
1. In a multi-day class, it creates a central location where the class can hang out . Here they can get to know each other in a more intimate way . Reading each others thoughts and posting supportive comments builds class unity !
2. They can all jump into the RAIN together, making similar mistakes. They can help each other get more familiar with Active Rain. They can explore the Rain and report back new findings to classmates !
3. Our Group allowed us a Green Environment to assign homework to ! This was a six day class(5hrs. each) and on several occasions I gave them assignments to summarize a chapter by posting a 100 word blog article to our Group. It taught them how easy that process was on Active Rain !
4. A huge feature that I had prepared for the group was I had pre-written a series of blog posts that I assigned to the new Group that actually summarized what I was teaching each day ! It gave them a place to go and see what that day's take home points were ! Also it was a place to learn how to comment on a post !
5. As this experience went on, they started to realize that they were accumulating points ! They started to notice that they were moving forward in the Point Standings in their County ! This started to stir a competitive spirit, that made them want to learn more about the Rain !
6. It created a centralize location where the could start to share(creating even more teamwork) different real estate tools and resources !
7. Finally it allowed them to get to know their instructor in a more deeper way ! It provided them dependable access to their instructor between classes ! It allowed me to see what they were doing and quickly post a comment to support them.
Class is now over , but I'm permanently connected to most of them now ,in the RAIN ! Almost all of the 20 students have continued their camaraderie by joining Gettysburg Gerry's South Central PA Group. My assignment now is to accomplish the same experience in both my investment and property management classes ! http://activerain.com/groups/realestatesales