Stefan Swanepoel is a visionary in the real estate business. His Swanepoel Trends Report is an annual report detailing the current state of the real estate industry, including in depth analysis of 10 emerging trends expected to impact Brokers, Agents, REALTOR® Associations and just about anyone associated with the industry in the coming years.
His position as an expert on the industry is unquestioned.
Next week, Stefan will be releasing a new book, Surviving the Serengeti. In Surviving the Serenget: 7 Skills to Master Business and in Life, Stefan offers a fascinating fable of life on the Serengeti plains of Africa and the lessons it holds for a struggling economy and the folks who make up that economy.
Surviving your Serengeti provides a metaphor for the struggles and strife that every business person and business face in an ever changing environment, flush with new technology and an edict to adapt. These are things we, as real estate professionals, face every day. By looking at how the animals of the Serengeti use their basic instincts to survive, Stefan provides a roadmap by which we can all master our own skills to not only survive, but flourish.
"The 1.5 million wildebeest rely on stubborn endurance and support from the herd to survive; the alligator is opportunistic; the cheetah ruthlessly effective; the giraffe embodies grace, the lion a master strategist, the mongoose is a risk-taker, the elephant is an excellent communicator."
We've secured an exclusive advance copy of the first two chapters of the book from the publishing company to share with the members of ActiveRain. We hope that you will take an opportunity to read the first two chapters of the book, then take the 'What animal are you?' quiz. Stefan is no rookie when it comes to engaging his audience, so I imagine many of you have already taken the quiz, after finding it on Facebook or Twitter. Over 6000 people have taken the quiz in the last 60 days.
Once you download and read the first two chapters, and take the quiz, we ask that you write a blog post about the first two chapters or the quiz. Share what you think about the parable of the animal skills, or the suitability of the Serengeti as a metaphor for your own journey through life. Take a look at your results from the fun three minute quiz. Do they ring true for you and your business? Do you see yourself in the challenges and anxieties faced by Sean Spencer, the tale's protaganist? Pick your own topic about which to write. We don't want to put too many restraints upon that which you wish to write. Have fun with the blog post and we hope that the challenge inspires you to pick the book up on Amazon or in your local book store and finish the tale, while at the same time supporting a gentleman that has given so much of himself to this industry.
A few minor guidelines:
- Each post (one per member) will be given 2500 points.
- We ask that you provide a link back to the quiz and this post, so other members can take the quiz and participate in the challenge.
- The day the book launches, March 1st, Stefan will be picking his favorite posts and those posts will be included in a special ActiveRain Daily Drop newsletter
- After you write your post, please include a link back to your post in the comment section of this post.
- Posts must be submitted by Friday, February 25th at Midnight Eastern Time in order to qualify for the 2500 points.
- Share your post with us on Facebook on the ActiveRain fan page and the Surviving Your Serengeti fan page. This part is optional, but you can earn an extra 1000 points for sharing on Facebook. If you do share on Facebook. Please include the fact you did that in the comment section when you leave your link so we can get your points awarded.
Each author of the seven posts chosen for inclusion in the special ActiveRain Daily Drop on March 1st will receive:
- an additional 2500 ActiveRain points
- an autographed copy of Surviving Your Serengeti from Stefan
- Have your post featured on the ActiveRain Facebook Fan Page
- Have your post featured on the Surviving Your Serengeti Facebook Fan Page
- Have your post featured on the Official Surviving Your Serengeti website
- Be Invited to Add Your Review to the Offical Amazon Page featuring Surviving Your Serengeti
- Receive a customized button featuring what animal you are