Looking For A Loan Modification? Here Is Another Idea!
Are you looking for a loan modification? Here is another idea for you! In Ramona, California at the San Diego County Public Library, on March 12, 2011 from 10AM to 2PM, there is another homeownership assistance event for the public that is taking place sponsored by The Housing Collaborative.
According to their website: "The Housing Opportunities Collaborative (HOC) is a tax exempt non-profit organization consisting of HUD approved housing counseling and fair housing agencies, community organizations, city jurisdictions and governmental agencies that support all aspects of housing rights and responsibilities. HOC serves as an information clearinghouse by consolidating housing related information and making it easily accessible to the public and partners. HOC also acts as a clearinghouse for its partners by conducting outreach events to educate and provide housing counseling services to the public. HOC also conducts capacity building workshops and training for it partners in order to standardize counseling. HOC is also a HUD approved housing counseling agency."
The features of this public event are according to their promotional flyer:
1. "One location to give you a one stop shop for counseling services."
2. "Free one-on-one counseling with a HUD approved housing counseling agency."
3. "One-on-one session with pro-bono attorneys for the day to learn about your legal options."
4. "Access to other compatible resources."
5. "Free loan modification assistance ftom a HUD approved housing counseling agency after your case has been reviewed."
6. "Referral to local law enforcement or local professional associations who may give resolution to your problems."
7. "Educational sessions on credit management, loan modification, bankruptcy and consumer protection will also be provided."
8. "Consider all your legal and financial options to make an educated decision."
This is another opportunity for you to learn what you may need to know and meet with local professionals that can potentially guide you to a successful outcome for your individual specific situation.
One again, Chase Homeownership Center loan advisors will be on hand to meet with you if you are a Chase customer and advise you on your best options as it relates to your Chase home loan.
One last item, recently I met a gentleman that is frsutrated with his current lender, who is a smaller company with no where near the vast reach a company the size of Chase has. I listened to his challenges and frustrations and I truly felt for he and his family. If you are frustrated like he is, here is one thing I would strongly suggest; Ask the person that answers your next call to your lender's loss mitigation call center if your lender has an office here in Southern California. If so, is there anyone there that you can sit with face-to-face to get some advice. If not, ask them if they participate in any Homeownership Assistance Events anywhere near you. Also, check NACA.com to see if they can help you as well.
I believe that the opportunity to get face-to-face with a representative of your lender in invaluable. You can relate better to another person when you are there with them. There are less misunderstandings and miscommunications. There is more accountablity on both sides, yours and theirs.
A very wise man once said 85% of success is just showing up!
I wish you all the best!