So I just put together a facebook business page and I'm trying to build up my friends. What better way than to put the facebook widget into my active rain blog. But there is no standard way of doing this and after calling for help, googling about it, and reading Jason's blog about it which discussed something similar I finally figured it out and I thought I'd share how I did it with all or you great Active Rainers:)
1. Go to facebook - Login - Click on "Accounts" - and choose the page you wish to promote. You'll need the Facebook Profile Id that you see pictured below:
2. Then you'll need the other code too. Below is that code:
<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="http://www.facebook.com/connect/connect.php?id=151798481497739&connections=20&stream=1&css=PATH_TO_STYLE_SHEET" allowtransparency="true" style="border: none; width: 200px; height: 550px;"></iframe> <div style="font-size:8px; padding-left:10px">
Here's some optional code you can paste at the end if you want a little link right below the widget:
<a href=http://www.facebook.com/pages/Angela-K-Homes/151798481497739>Angela on Facebook</a> on Facebook</div>
3. You'll need to make one or more adjustments to the above code. First of all you'll need to remove my profile id from it and paste yours in - see it there right after "id=" . . . ? Ok - put your profile id there. Then you may want to make some other changes too. For example - you can adjust the height and width of the widget by changing the "width: 200px; height: 550" to whatever you need for your situation.
4. Another adjustment you can make is the number of friends faces you show and or if you show the streaming content or not. Streaming content is the part above the friends faces where it shows the most recent FB posts. To change friends simply change the number where it says "&connections=20" to whatever number you want. To remove the streaming content you'll remove the "&stream=1" - this means it would just show friends instead of friends and posts - see photo below as example:
5. Next you'll copy and paste your code into active rain. Go to "My Home" then click on "Settings" on the left hand side.... Once you click on settings you'll see a box called "Blog Description" - make sure not the use the "blog description text only" box as I did (didn't work there:) - so insert the code into the "Blog Description" area - should look like mine below:
Then you'll just hit the update button and go refresh your blog page and it should be there - if you have questions please post them and I'll help you as needed.
I really hope this helps bring me MORE FACEBOOK FRIENDS!!!!!! AND MORE IMPORTANTLY I HOPE IT BRINGS YOU MORE FACEBOOK FRIENDS. HAPPY SELLING:)