I happenstanced upon this recipe last week. I had boneless pork chops on hand and applied the recipe to the pork chops. I baked them in the the oven but next time I'll pan cook them in my cast iron pan. This glaze is hands down the best glaze that I've used on pork.
It was so very good. Enjoy!
Herbed Pork Roast/Glazed Pork Chops
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 (5 pound) boneless pork loin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a bowl, combine sage, salt, pepper, and garlic. Rub thoroughly all over pork. Place pork in an uncovered roasting pan on the middle oven rack.
- Bake in the preheated oven approximately 3 hours, or until the internal temperature reaches at least 150 degrees F (65 degrees C), depending upon your desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, place sugar, cornstarch, vinegar, water, and soy sauce in a small saucepan. Heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture begins to bubble and thicken slightly. Brush roast with glaze 3 or 4 times during the last 1/2 hour of cooking. Pour remaining glaze over roast, and serve.