Time to write a post and just drawing a blank? Ideas floating around but not sure how to put the thoughts together to express yourself?
For me it starts with inspiration of a photograph, newspaper headlines, a conversation or question from a colleague, or ideas drawn from a reading of another blog post, an experience or event, and mostly for things I feel passionate about.
During the day I will jot a note of ideas in a notebook and I have my camera ready to capture the perfect photo when opportunity arises. This adds a new element of fun to my daily real estate activities as I have begun to view things in a different light.
Authoring the post should be an expression of your thoughts in an organized and easy to read manner for the reader.
- Begin with an interesting catchy title that gives a glimpse of the content .
- Don't make the paragraphs lengthy as the readers generally will click off of a post that is long unless it truly has excellent information.
- Bullet points are wonderful ... brief & gives quick glance information.
- Selection of a photo/cartoon is key as it is the first impression and draws the reader to find out more.
- Highlight of key statements & words adds another element so the reader at a glance to skim and decide if they will read it fully.
- The way you set it up, incorporate color all goes to aesthetics .. just like staging a home, goes to impressions.
ActiveRain has wonderful help posts to give you a wealth of information on how to incorporate videos, links, attract SEO to the public. Many of our finest AR members share tips on many areas to improve and maximize your blog. Subscribe to these members and the staff blog posts and READ them! Going to the ActiveRain Camps will further give you a whole new level to your blog post and to your real estate business as well.
Most of all ... ENJOY .. this is not homework but an expression of your personality and business opportunity as well. The benefit .. Great ActiveRain friends and another avenue to outreach for networking and a way to gain positive name exposure. It begins with you ... a plan ... a thought ... and just typing away.