You get that call we love to receive ... my client is going to make an offer on your listing! The question - when is it appropriate to share this news with your sellers?
Why hesitate or when do you launch that call to paint the happy picture of the offer soon to be in hand?
Hesitation- wait, wait, no offer. Follow up, excuses. Tick, tock and then no offer. If you have been in the business for even a short time you would have experienced that awful wait and then disappointment. Your listing of course has had no time lost on the market as you have kept the status as Active. So is there any downside to calling your clients and placing them on standby notice?
Risks of notification - calls from your clients wanting to know where it is? Having to deal with clients making personal plan changes to be available to receive an offer and discuss.
Benefit of notification - market showing a favorable interest in the home. Locating sellers to find out their plans so you will be able to know what time frames they are available to meet.
Agent Caution- if other agents call to ask if there is anything working on the home how do you respond? Do you share that you have been told there is an offer coming but not in hand? This may give the buyer client of that agent a feeling of "I don't want to go to a multiple offer situation and overpay, I'll pass attitude". Or do you think it might get another buyer candidate off high center to bring an offer now? Do you ask your sellers how they wish you to handle any inquiries?
The Wait Game - do you simply wait until you have an offer in hand then call your clients. Play it safe than risk disappointment?
So much to consider from just that simple notification from an agent. A rosey picture of hope to come or agent caution to wait until you actually have it in hand to share the news of opportunity knocking?