Everyone knows Google for it's search capabilities. In fact, most people don't "search" anymore they . . . "Google it". Google also has added several incredible tools over the last few years which are great tie-in's for your website.
- Google Maps - This is one of the greatest internet technologies in my opinion. You caneasily create a custom map for your area highlighting not only the location of key destinations (i.e. schools, government buildings, atrractions, YOUR OFFICE, etc.), you can provide all of the information for that place.
- Google's Picasa Web Albums - This allows you to upload a photo album for your area and even plot those items onto your Google Map. Great way to show off an area.
- Google Video - Got a short video of your area, upload it and drop it in your website.
- Listings - Yes, Google allows you to post listings. And they are tied in with Google Maps.
- Search - You can easily add a Google search bar to your website by signing for a free Adsense account. Not only can they search the web, you can set it to have the option to search your site too.
Best of all . . . a Google account is FREE and all the services I mentioned above are . . . FREE. For an example, check out my Local Information page on my website (click the link).