We can all remember the favorite gift we've ever been given.
Many times, the price tag on a gift has little to do with how well it is received. It's the thought that counts, or at least that's what they tell us. If you've ever been on the receiving end of a really thoughful gift however, you know this cliche to be absolute fact.
With each closing you have in the real estate business, you have a great opportunity to cement the relationship you've established with your client with the ever important closing gift. It's that custom welcome mat, inviting them into their new home, or the Kodak picture frame, preloaded with pictures from the closing that remind your client, "I'm going to treat the next person you refer to me just as good as I've treated you".
The closing gift is an opportunity to thank your client for choosing to do business with you. You do make sure to put special thought into the closing gift, right? Choosen correctly, the closing gift can continue to market to your clients friends and family long after the celebration of their new home fades.
For the March Kodak/ActiveRain Challenge, we'd like you to consider the importance of a great closing gift. Do you have a tried and true closing gift that keeps your clients talking about you long after closing? Are you searching for a great closing gift and considering a new idea for your next closing? We'd like you to write about ideas for closing gifts.
Mark, at Kodak, has written a few posts in the last few months with some great ideas for closing gifts. Of course Kodak provides solutions to help market your real estate business, we've been showcasing many of those products on the site over the last few months. However, they also have products that work well as a closing gift, especially if you put a little bit of extra thought into them.
Here is a great example showcasing the Kodak PULSE Digital Frame, and here is a great example showcasing the Kodak Zi8 Digital Video Camera. The key is, it's not just about the gift, it's about the thought that goes into the gift and how that gift can help you market to your clients long after the closing. If you haven't seen these posts, be sure to read them because they show how putting a little extra thought into a closing gift can transform it from simply a gift, to a gift that acts as a marketing vehicle long after the sale is concluded.
So the challenge is for you to share with us your favorite idea for a closing gift. Think about your closing gift in terms of how effective it is for generating future referrals from your client. Does your closing gift have the potential to be talked about in the clients home, or showcased in some way for their friends and family to see and comment on upon visiting?
- 200-500 words
- Post must be submitted by March 25th, 2011 at Midnight Eastern Time
- In order to receive points and be eligible for prizes a link to the post MUST be placed in the comment section of this post by the deadline above
- Share a link to your post on the ActiveRain Facebook page and via Twitter (optional).
- 1000 ActiveRain points for all submissions
- 9 posts will be selected for inclusion in a special ActiveRain Daily Drop. Those posts will receive an additional 1500 points.
- One post will be drawn at random to receive a KODAK PLAYTOUCH Digital Video Camera and a KODAK PULSE Digital Frame
- One post will be selected based on the best idea and will win a KODAK PLAYTOUCH Digital Video Camera and a KODAK PULSE Digital Frame