When it comes to Anaheim real estate, it's not only home to the famous mouse, it's also home to a population of about 350,000 citizens in the heart of Orange County.
Anaheim homes for sale in February shows that short sales listings out weighed "standard sales" by almost 2 to 1.
- Single Family Homes
- 64% of the current inventory of the single family detached homes in Feb. 2011 were identified as short sales or bank repos.
- 36% of single family homes for the same time period were identified as "standard sales".
- Condos/Attached Homes
- 70% of condos for sale were either short sales or bank repos.
- 30% were indentified as standard sales.
Comparing Feb. 2010-2011 Single Family Detached Properties:
- 2010 93 Closings ~ $363,300 Avg. Pr ~ $225 Sq. Ft. ~ 82 Days on Mkt
- 2011 56 Closings ~ $362,300 Avg. Pr ~ $247 Sq. Ft. ~ 74 Days on Mkt
Feb. 2010-2011 Condo Comparisons:
- 2010 22 Closings ~ $224,200 Avg. Pr ~ $202 Sq. Ft.
- 2011 17 Closings ~ $ 202,147 Avg. Pr ~ $167 Sq. Ft.
Anaheim was formerly known for wide open spaces including orange groves and strawberry fields which eventually gave way for development once Walt Disney help put the city on the map by creating Disneyland in the mid-1950's. Today it's a bustling community with continued growth including the Platinum Triangle near Angel Stadium and the Honda Center.
Many of us who live in Orange County love what I call the friendly sounds of summer, 9:30 pm, you can set your clock by the Disney's celebration of fireworks nightly.
If you're selling your Anaheim home, check out my special home selling site, HomeSelling101.com for tips and home selling help.
For home buyers or sellers check out home buying videos on inspections, contracts, disclosures, your final walk through & more. Then contact me Lynda@PreferredHomeBrokers text or direct (714) 595-1494. At Preferred Home Brokers, we've represented home buyers and sellers for 35 years.
-Data Source SoCal MLS & Does not include Anaheim Hills - CA Broker's License #00402040