WHO WANTS TO BUY ACTIVE RAIN ? ! I DO ! ! AND YOU SHOULD TOO ! !
When I first got here a month ago there was some discussion about how the Site Builders could monetize the site. What kind of ads should they sell? What annual subscription fee should they charge? Well, if I understand the most recent info as of Friday, AR et. al. versus MOVE.com et. al. it appears the Site Builders had their own plans on how to monetize the site. Our discussion was wasted air and we did not even know it. Well lets revisit out discussion !!
We now know that approx 30 Million is the going price for ACTIVE RAIN. A little quick math >>> $30 mil / 50 k members = $600 dollars apiece. Could we pony up 600 dollars apiece and do the deal. (I would like to get the commercial commision on this. Consider me as the 'procuring cause' at this point ! !) WHO WANTS TO BUY ACTIVE RAIN ? ! LETS SEE A SHOW OF HANDS. I MEAN IT, GET THEM UP THERE !! HIGHER, HIGHER, YOU THERE IN THE BACK OF THE ROOM, GET IT UP THERE, I CAN'T SEE YA, STAND ON A CHAIR IF YA HAVE TO. LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A QUOREM. Let's begin.
I need some proprosals on how to implement the plan and we will vote on them.
1. A proprosal - That all current active rain members as of Sep 31, 11:59 PM be allowed the option to participate in the purchase of Active Rain shares or any other described assests that are necessary toi the function of the AR Site. All members and management will have the opportunity to putchase equal amounts of shares for equal prices. No special classes of shares will be permitted or created.
2. A proprosal. - That said share auction will commence on or before the last day of January 2008.
3. A proposal. - That a reputable local firm be retained to create the share documents and prepare the appropriate legal verbage attendant to such share documents.
4. A proposal. - That monies for operations will be sent to Dwight Wolfe, Panama City Florida for deposit into a Regions bank account that will be established as the 'Active Rain Community, Purtchase Funding Account. We can appoint two other folks in town to help secure the account. Any receipts, deposits, transfers must all be triple controled.
5. Any other business at this time? Meeting will be adjourned after the voting. Next meeting is Tuesday evening.
Send in your votes. YEA or NAY with the associated prop. number. I will talley them.
I AM NOT KIDDING FOLKS !! ACTIVE RAIN IS FOR SALE ! ! I AM INTERESTED IN A PIECE OF IT, I AM READY TO BUY. ARE YOU READY? I THINK WE CAN MONETIZE IT AND I HAVE EVEN GRANDER SCHEMES (LEGAL) FOR ITS FUTURE. 'MY CHILD YOU CANNOT YET IMAGINE THE FUTURE THAT I HAVE PLANNED FOR YOU'.
Half the posts tonight were , 'We wish them well', "Good luck boys" (their men), "They should be able to get what ever they want". We, the AR Community can make all those well wishes come to pass, and even so much more. NO waiting and NO excuses people. NOW !!
I AM NOT KIDDING PEOPLE, I AM READY TO GO WITH THIS !! EVERYONE HERE HAS MADE GREAT CONTRIBUTIONS, WHY SHOULD WE THE COMMUNITY, NOT BE GIVEN, THE RIGHT OF FIRST REFUESAL, TO PURCHASE AR? Hell, if AR will deal with anything that is MOVE.com or REALTOR.org, or NAR, God only know what other low life real estate establishment we could end up with, we are certainly 10 steps up above all of that class of buyer.
The Rainers that helped make this a successful AR website have earned the MORAL RIGHT to be a party to what ever financial suscess and future this site might have.
Whoever knows how to get the AR Site Builders on the phone, get them to read this post ASAP. We need to know if they are interested. It would be nice to know what we need to begin working on before Tuesday evening. Whether we need more discussion, committee assgments, or begin collecting money, and or if we need to establish a temporary holding company prior to the actual purchase of AR 'Rainey Shares"
Always use a RREP, A Rainmaker Real Estate Professional. (c) Dwight Wolfe, 2007