Welcome to Riverview Farm
35 Ossipee Trail Limington Maine $279,900
This farmhouse is believed to have been built circa. 1778, no doubt by Amos Chase, who was granted 200 acres on and near the Little Ossipee River during 1773. The first deed that is shown in record is dated March 30, 1807.
Land and building were sold to the Chick family, as indicated on deed dated March 16, 1856.
Property stayed with the Chick family for about 100 years, and then sold to the Munson family. From there it was sold to the Burnells, then to the Cote family (no relation to current owners). Larry and Holly Cote purchased this lovely farmhouse situated on 2.94 gorgeous acres March of 1990.
Main farmhouse consists of two levels, built circa 1778. 3/4 bedrooms, 1 and 1/2 baths, formal living room with fireplace, formal dining room, eat-in kitchen with custom built oak cabinets, family room with wood stove, and study with wood stove hook up. All rooms have been restored with wide pine floors. House also has newer metal roof. Forced hot air furnace is located in the basement. Instant Rinnai hot water system installed Oct. 2009. Supaflu chimney in study and family room installed Oct. 28, 2004, inspected and cleaned every year, with a lifetime warranty. There is also a 36'X39' attached wood shed. The enclosed year round porch, 11' X 16', is off the kitchen, and offers post and beam construction, five over sized thermo pane windows, and the interior is all natural wood finish. It is heated by its own monitor system and tile floor. The old porch was torn down and this new post & beam construction completed during 2004.
L of the home built circa 1778, two levels. First floor contains kitchen, family room and study. Second floor, large master bedroom, large all cedar walk-in closet and large attic. All new metal roof. 20' X 64'
NOTE: Just had septic tank cleaned, as every 3 years. Septic system just inspect July 2010 by Kenneth Gardner, system in good operating condition.
Main barn, four levels, 36' X 36', built circa 1778, and has all new perlings, new roof boards covered with new metal roofing. Third and fourth floor lofts replaced with new joists and floor boards. Two of the four sills were replaced during 1992. All electrical systems replaced.
Tie up, 16' X 36', was built in 1993 with water room for freezers. Tie up has a cement floor, hydrant water system, metal roof, and its own electrical
There are a number of out buildings like a five-bay garage, heated wood working shop, storage garage, summer screened porch and a log cabin guest house.
•· Maintenance garage, 17' X 32', was built 2000 or about, and has cement floor, four foot high cement walls, attic, its own electrical supply, heated as needed, metal roof, one insulated power overhead entrance door for vehicles.
•· Well house, 4' X 6'6", built in 1995, resembles an old style privy that sets on a cement slab. There is a water hydrant inside this building that comes off the top of the artesian well that is about 150' deep.
•· Five- bay two level garage. First floor consists of five separate garage bays, each about 12' X 22'. All bays have overhead doors.
•· Second floor is a fully furnished wood working shop. Construction started about 1995 and completed during 1997. Second level is insulated, sheet rocked, own 100 amp electrical system, fire extinguishers, heated by a new monitor system installed 2004. Roof is boarded and covered with metal roofing. 22' X 60' Perfect for a woodworking shop, artist study or anything else you could imagine.
•· Storage garage, built about 1999, is enclosed with overhead doors at both ends. Roof fully boarded and covered with metal roofing. 16' X 50'
•· Enclosed farmers porch, 8' X 32', was completed in October 2009. Post and beam construction, all covered with wide natural finished boards. Porch has 8 over sized custom screens that have doors to cover during winter. Roof fully boarded with metal roofing.
•· Log cabin, 14' 6" X 17' 6", is a one room guest house, all post and beam. Interior is all natural finished ship lap boards with exposed beams. Log cabin is heated and does have its own electrical supply. Building is completely insulated, three thermos pane windows. Roof is insulated on top of the beams, covered with board's then metal roofing. This fully furnished log cabin was built 2001.
Riverview Farm has been a working farm for many years. Current owners previously raised cattle and had horses. Currently they grow and sell vegetables and a array of gorgeous flowers at the road side stand in front of farmhouse.
Note: Property has 7,300 square feet of paved driveway & parking area. New pavement 2002, sealed 3 times, last on Oct. 4, 2009. All buildings have new metal roofing over fully boarded roofs. Property has many floral gardens, as maple and oak trees. Over 200' of split-rail fencing.
Farm is wired for a generator backup system in case of power loss, installation completed September 2009. Generator is not included in the sale.
The opportunities and possibilities are endless with this amazing property!
Personal items may be purchased separate from the sale of farm:
Farm equipment, Woodworking/cabinet making tools, Queen Atlantic Cook Stove,Antique Wood Stove,Household Furnishing...
Please do not hesitate to contact listing agent for additional details.
Raylene Estabrook, Broker
75 John Roberts Road Suite 1A South Portland Maine 04106
Cell Phone 207-749-1587
"Creating Relationships For life"
The information on this listing has been assembled from seller, historical and public records. Any information that is critical to your buying decision should be independently verified. All dimensions are approximate and not guaranteed.