GARAGE SALE SEASON
Ready to put your home on the market, garage sale is a great way to declutter. Tips from Garage sale tracker http://www.garagesalestracker.com
Planning your garage sale
- When to have the Sale – The majority of Sales take place on Saturday and Sunday mornings starting anywhere from 6:00 A.M. to 10:00 and can run as late as 4:00 P.M.
- Where to have the sale – If you live in a large community speak with the neighbors and home owners association about putting together a large group sale this is a great benefit because it attracts more people along with more families advertising the sale.
- Make sure all items are cleaned and look presentable for sale
- Use Three tables – This is great when setting up a U shape so you can command and keep an eye on everything
- Post the signs accordingly as mentioned before
- Collect paper bags and plastics up to two weeks prior to help bag up items for visitors
- Start an Hour before the sale – It's always a lot more than it looks like so start setting up the yard an hour to half hour before the time you plan to start. Also to be on the safe side from early birds stopping by and distracting you from setting up.
- Grab proper change including twenty dollar bills ten 5.00 bills and quarters. Carry either a change box or wear a fanny pack to make it easy to have the money in safe place.
Garage Sale Sign
Having a good garage sale sign is important here are some helpful signage tips to attract more visitors:
- Make sure the sign is readable – Having the address clearly written so those driving by will be able to make it out.
- Arrows Pointing in the right direction – Nothing irks somebody more than getting the run around because the arrow pointed them to go east when they were supposed to go west. This will surely cost you valuable visitors.
- Where to put the signs – Within a 2 mile radius in every direction you should post signs or a little bit further if there is a busy road that you can funnel more traffic through.
- What to make it out of – You can take any cardboard or poster material and use black and other attractive attention getting colors that are easy to read. You can also purchase the traditional garage sale sign at any online retailer or local hardware store. Neon colors will also be attractive.
- Bigger signs attract more attention – With a couple large signs you will surely attract attention well beyond what a little measly sign could do. However, be considerate of the neighborhood to not make the sign to obtrusive and distracting. Poster board size is about as large as you should need to go.
- When to post the signs – It's safe to post your signs the afternoon before the sale.
- Remove signs after the sale – Once the garage sale has been completed make sure to take down your signs within the 24 hours as you don't want unwanted visitors coming to your house looking for a sale that is over.