Random Thoughts From My Stroll Through Midway Meadows in Addison Texas.
Midway Meadows is a sleepy little enclave of about 200 single family homes in Addison Texas. Yesterday morning, as I delivered my newsletter to the 100 or so homes in the Addison Timbers Homeowners Association (the other 100+ homes in Midway Meadows are not in ATHOA), I made these observations:
- The wisteria smells awesome
- There is a red-headed woodpecker in the neighborhood
- Sure are a lot of non-functioning doorbells, based on the number of signs to "Please Knock"
- Garbage bags taped inside your windows do not improve your property value
- It's time to turn on our sprinkler systems again
- Owner occupied properties are generally in better condition than the investment properties
- Blue is not an earth tone
- And ... this really is THE best place to live!
All the homes in the homeowners association were built by J.Stiles in the early 1980s. All have front entry garages. There are 5 basic floor plans, ranging in size from a 2 bedroom at just over 1400 square feet, to the largest floor plan, a 3 bed, 2.5 bath at approximately 2000 square feet. Many of the homes have been modified and updated, some have additions, especially those on the cul-de-sac streets. The HOA has a newly created website: www.addisontimbershoa.org. The bylaws are posted there, along with additional information about the association.
If you'd like to live here, too, contact me. I'll help you find a home in the neighborhood.