I have been on AR for two days and I get Meme'd. What is the deal? Is there a vaccination to prevent such a thing in the future???? After ruling out Meme being some sort of strange illness, I found that Patrick Canavan of Prudential California Realty was the one who zeroed in on ME! And he looks like a nice guy too!!
Sounds like fun and here goes with 5 things no one knows about me!
1. First of all I am the retired Chief of Police of Shreveport, Louisiana. Over many years during my spare time I was a private real estate investor. I would buy commercial and residential properties fix them up and sell them (still do). After I retired, my wife encouraged me to obtain my realtors' license just to keep me busy part time. I obtained my license and needless to say I found out there is no such thing as part time real estate!!! I think she pulled a "fast one on me".
2. I also participate with my church "Handicap Ramp Ministry" to build handicap ramps for elderly people who can not afford to hire contractors to do the work. We have constructed over 80 ramps in our surrounding area during the past seven years. I never realized how many people need ramps and it is one of the most rewarding things I have ever participated in.
3. I am also a law enforcement/safety consultant specializing in community development/relations, policy administration and development, school security, work place safety measures/policy to address workplace violence and I coordinate realtor safety training for our office.
4. My son and I are avid golfers, fishermen and we hunt a little too! Louisiana is a great state for sportsmen.
5. And, last but most important, my wife and are are grandparents!!!! We have 2 wonderful children and 4 1/2 grandchildren (expect the other 1/2 in November '07). We enjoy spoiling the grandchildren and handing them back to their parents... HA! HA!
Lft. to Rt.: Janice, Mary Grace, Jim, Anna Claire, Jacob and Mathew. Beach at Galveston, TX, June 2007.
I will Meme the following victims!
I will leave you with a quote of the day which may help us become better Realtors!
"Remember to ALWAYS drink up stream from the herd"!
by "Will Rogers"