Prepping the exterior for the selling season .....
It doesn't matter what the "experts" say about the market - it's spring and it's time to embrace the concept of exterior home staging like it's your best friend ... because it is!
1. While standing at the front entrance of the property you're staging take a good hard look at what you're dealing with. This is your time to be 'super' observant.
2. Begin at the mailbox and work your way from the outside in towards the front door. Start by decluttering your front yard. (Yes, it's possible to de-clutter and de-personalize the exterior as well as the interior.) Check to see where you can eliminate dead wood, and by that I mean trim, cut back and remove anything that is overgrown and superfluous.
3. Remove whatever is superfluous or unsightly - repair whatever is broken - upgrade wherever possible.
4. Pressure wash, clean and eliminate all remnants of winter and be sure to give special attention to the front door - it must look spectacular.
6. Remember paint is the cheapest, fastest and most effective method to upgrade both in the exterior and the interior. You could also 'spot paint' any walls, areas and features that could do with a little 'facelift'
7. Introduce bold seasonal color in the form of masses of inexpensive annuals in planters, flower beds and hanging baskets. Planters flanking the front door using one color of one specimen will give that front door area the impact it deserves. By planting seasonal color you're indicating new beginnings and adding color and life to your home.
8. Ensure that the front door mat, hardware and lighting fixtures look the best they possible could. If they don't, consider replacing them. They are inexpensive upgrades that will improve the look of a very important area of the home.