Warren G. Harding, our 29th President had the largest feet of any of our Presidents...he wore a size 14 shoe!
Some Points of Interest:
- Both of Hardings parents were doctors
- He suffered a nervous breakdown at the age of 14 and spent some time in a sanitarium
- Harding was the first President to ride to his inauguration in an automobile
- He was the first President to own a radio and the first to speak over the radio airwaves
- One of his sisters was a Washington D.C. policewomen
- While President, Harding played golf, poker twice a week, followed baseball and boxing, and sneaked off to burlesque shows.
Notable Quotes by Warren G. Harding:
"We mean to have less of Government in business and more of business in Government."
"I have no trouble with my enemies. I can take care of my enemies in a fight. Buy my damn friends, they're the ones who keep me walking the floor nights."
"Our most dangerous tendency is to expect too much of government and at the same time to do for it too little."
"Every studend has the ability to be a successful learner."