You might want to think about doing a few things to update your house.
Even little things can make a difference, especially to a Home Buyer who is out looking at all the homes on the market today. There are plenty for them to chose from...so yours need to stand out above the rest! Fresh flowers are always a welcome edition...
The Home Buyer is looking for something that stands out from the rest of the houses for sale. PRICE is key...make sure that your house is priced correctly.
Mark Nash, a Chicago area Realtor and author of "Real Estate A-Z for Buying and Selling a Home", surveyed 900 real estate agents and Brokers to find out the latest trends of the Home Buyer....
Here are the 6 Hot Home Design Trends for 2007
- Bright colors, glossier finishes and grader statements
- Big Tumbled stone fireplaces are in, over-sized mantels, long, glass pendant chandeliers
- Sub zero Refrigerator integrated into kitchen cabinets with pull out drawers
- Floors of slate or Terra cotta, recycled wood from old barns and weathered metal and glass
- Luggage room to keep travel bags
- Second laundry room, one right in the master suite.
These are theDon't Do's that Home Buyers Don't Want:
- Bowl type above counter bathroom sinks
- Cut down on the glass door kitchen cabinets
- Bar Counter Tops Must extend out a full 12 inches
- Don't leave windows without molding
- Don't use concrete block exterior walls in construction
More Home Trends
- Home Buyers want Upscale Garages with cabinet and storage systems, matching refrigerators, air conditioning and residential looking flooring
- Home Buyers want an additional room for projects or just a place to go chill
- Rejuvenation rooms for exercising, meditating, yoga, sauna and fancy steam showers.
- Heated patios, walkways and driveways (for those living in colder areas)
- Snoring Room that is 12x12 in a master suite for the person who snores (you gotta love that one!)
Trends On their way OUT:
- Spiral Staircases, too hard for Baby Boomers, children & pets
- Bamboo Flooring, they warp and are easily scratched
- Hardwood laminate flooring, can't handle multiple sandings, change color, stains are not easily removed.
- Added by Active Rain Members - Entertainment Centers
- Added by Active Rain Member - Concrete Counters
Want to remodel? Here are some things to consider before remodeling:
- One of the key elements when remodeling is to add 10% to the total budget for any miscalculations, or national disasters that would effect the pricing of a particular item.
- Three bids are imperative for any remodel job. More than price, be sure to check on references so that the job will get done correctly and on time.
- Be realistic when determining the final date of your project...things will go wrong so be sure to allow ample time for delays.
The 3 elements of any remodel are cost, quality and time.
Who knows, after the remodel you may love your home all over again and decide to stay.
Are there things in YOUR area that Home Buyers seem to be looking for or no longer want in a home?