New Canaan, Ct. Home Data Report 1st Quarter 2011.
New Canaan has a population of about 19,811 (2009) with an estimated median household income of $141,592 in an area of 22.5 square miles. South of downtown is Waveny Park (WP) open to all town residents with 250 acres offering such amenities as paddle courts, sport fields, walking trails, home to Powerhouse Performing Arts Center and Carriage Barn Theatre. Waveny Park is also home to the WP Swimming Pool and Spencer’s Run Dog Park. General hours for the park are dawn to dusk all year with free parking.
1st quarter of 2011 market housing data for single family homes in New Canaan, Connecticut.
Unit Sales total are 32 up from 2010 of 24.
Median Sale Price is up 30.9% from $1,506,250 in 2010 to $1,971,750. (2011)
Inventory is at 217 compared to 2010 of 251. (1st qt data)
As of April 13, 2011 according the Greater Fairfield County Multiple Listing Service (CMLS) for single family homes for sale in New Canaan are at 204 units.
William Raveis Website, Raveis.com, has a great tool for owners, sellers & buyers called ‘Local Housing Data’. On this page it will give you all the local up to date data & statistic for the town you are interested in.
Median Price: is half are below, half are above
Average Price: are all sold prices are added together into a sum; the sum is then divided by the number of houses that sold.
*This information is based on the William Raveis Real Estate Local Housing Data report and the Greater Fairfield County CMLS which is deemed reliable, but is not guaranteed. Information deemed critical to buying decision should be independently verified
**Reference: - City-Data.Com, Factfinder.census.gov, Greater Fairfield County MLS, William Raveis Home Data, ZipAreaCode.net., NewCanaan.info, NewCanan.patch
David Popoff is a license Realtor in Connecticut with William Raveis office in Darien. A life time resident of Fairfield County he has worked throughout lower Fairfield County and now resides in Darien, Ct since 2004.
- Member of the Connecticut Association of Realtors, CAR.
- Member of the National Association of Realtors, NAR.
- David Popoff is an accredited LEED Accredited Professional (LEED AP) Homes and USGBC member of the Connecticut chapter (CTGBC).
- Associate member and an accredited Certified Green Professional (CGP) of National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the local chapter HBRA-Fairfield County, Ct. .
- Contact David Popoff for all your real estate needs in Darien, New Canaan, Rowayton and other parts of Connecticut.