So the conundrum with all this social media stuff is always how to do more with less. It's about the automation. So this post is for all those people who have active rain blogs and are hosting a wordpress blog as well. This will make your Active Rain RSS feed into your Wordpress site automatically. I realize someone has probably already posted on how to do this, but I found a really nice little rss syndication tool to use in your wordpress site to feed from Active Rain. It's much easier than other solutions I have tried and all you have to do is have the feed url. Click here:
If you are hosting a wordpress site, then you know this drill.
1. Upload the .zip file to your wordpress/content/plugins folder via FTP.
2. Unzip or unarchive the folder after you get it uploaded (this is for godaddy other hosting might require unzipping on your desktop).
3. Go to Plugins via your Dashboard Admin console on wordpress : eg, http://www.yoursite.com/wp-admin.
4. Activate the feedwordpress plugin.
5. You will notice a syndication menu at the bottom of your wordpress menu on the left side of the page.
6. Click on it and add your rss feeds.
The nice thing about this is that you can select tag matching, category matching, etc. to automatically search for relevant tags and post in the right place.
Probably old news, but I thought it was relevant. If you have any questions feel free to email me.