Apparently more and more professionals are turning to real estate to help find their way in a challenging economy. Many institutions offer the basic prelicensing courses that leave us all a bit shell shocked; however, The Technical College of The Lowcountry has asked me to teach specific courses for those entering the, often choppy waters of realty.
My first course is titled "So You Think You Want To Be A Realtor", if they don't run screaming then I will be offering my next course outlined below:
You are A Realtor. Now What?
Congratulations on embarking on a challenging career. There are many avenues you may now take to build a place in the industry to call your own. Welcome aboard and hold on tight!
Road Map for Your Goal
A. What Type of Agent Are You
1. Focusing on Listings
- How to confidently approach clients about listing their home
- Using The Newbie Title as An Advantage
- How You Can Become The Expert
2. Bring on the Buyers
- Attracting Prospects in Search of A Home
- Preparing Your Menu Of Services
- Concentrating on A Specific Buying Population
Names and Faces Often Seen in Public Places
A. The Great Big No No's of Branding
- Social Media Management (Fears Of Facebook)
- Website Woes
Creating Your Budget or Bust
Business Cards or Greeting Cards??
- Where your advertising dollars are best spent
- Newspaper Ad $800, Homes Ad $1600, Networking...Priceless
- Know What Works, and Run From What Doesn't
- Putting Elbow Grease to The Test
- It Takes A Village To Raise a Realtor
Who Are Your Cheerleaders?
- What On Earth is A SOI Anyway??
- Creating Cheerleaders Out of The Pep Squad
- Why Your Hairdresser Is a Goddess and The Devil
Who Is Your Boss and Why You Will Never Like Them
A. Warning, You ARE Your Boss
- Making A Schedule for Success
- Dr. Phil, Oprah, And Desperate Housewives ARE Not Part of Your Schedule- The Demons Of Freedom
B. It Is Not A Hobby or It Would Be Called a Hobby
1. Time Management Make it Count
Power Lunches, Power Point, and Power Tools
- If You don't Know What a Blackberry Is, You are in Trouble
- Why You MUST Learn to Text Like a Teen
- Not All Gadgets Are Worth Their Instruction Manual.
Tips, Tricks, and Trauma of The Trade. Learn from my experience on why some mistakes are best left unmade. Get an extremely valuable Internet site cheat sheet (websites to love, and those to avoid).
Question and Answer Session to Help You Go From Novice To Know IT All With Grace!
Attendees will clearly be able to answer the "You are a Realtor, Now What?" question with confidence and enthusiasm!