If you're a Southern California home buyer you may be asking yourself "now that we've had our offer accepted, what happens next?"
That' a question I'm asked a lot when it comes to home buying in Orange Co. CA or anywhere in So Cal. First, congratulations and here's an idea from my perspective of what you can expect next:
1. Escrow is opened with a third-party neutral entity that works on behalf of both the buyer and seller.
2. Your deposit is normally placed into escrow based on the terms in the CA Residential Purchase Agreement within 3 business days of acceptance of offer.
3. Your lender will order the property appraisal early in your transaction.
4. Schedule the home/property physical inspection with an inspector of your choice, and note this is different from the property appraisal.
5. Request and review the seller's property disclosures. In CA we have a wide variety of property disclosures, some are mandated by state or federal requirements while others are contractual commitments based on your purchase agreement.
- Remember if you're using the CA Residential Purchase Agreement, it's the foundation of your transaction and when in doubt refer back to your contract.
If you're buying a home in So Cal or anywhere around, you might find these real estate videos helpful when it comes to Understanding the Real Estate Contract, Home Buyer 101 & Property Disclosures,buyer rights & duties, or maybe you want info on Home Buying Property Inspections. Find out what it's like to work with a CRS = A Certified Residential Specialist and learn more about the Buyer's Final Walk Though.
Buying or selling a short sale property, you will want to take a quick look at the Short Sale Waiting Game, or Short Sale Vocabulary Video for an Upside Down Market or Short Sale Help for Sellers in CA.
So when you're looking for knowledgable, competent real estate help, contact me Lynda@PreferredHomeBrokers.com, Direct or Text (714) 595-1494. Or you can speak with any of the Preferred Realtors (714) 990-6060,
Prefered Home Brokers has a long-term track record for representing home buyers and home sellers in Southern California, we've been around under the same broker/ownership for more than 35 years! CA Broker's License #00402040.