Gas prices in San Diego are over $4 a gallon and the cost of fillng a tank has doubled in the last year.
Very few people are able to avoid driving and mass transit is slow, inconvenient and uncomfortable. In San Diego we like our cars and we like to drive. It's part of our lifestyle an rising gas prices literally chramps our style.
San Diego gas prices will continue to go up and all we can do is get smarter about how we drive and buy gas at the stations that offer the lowest prices.
Pump it Up - How to Save at the Gas Pump
Gas prices have been steadily rising. With them hovering near the $4 mark, we're all finding ourselves less likely to just get into the car and "GO". The prices can vary as much as 50 cents a gallon from one station to the next within each neighborhood.
Saving money at the pump by finding out who has the cheapest prices is only one way to cut down on the cost of gas. Here are some other tips to help cut your gas bills:
- While highway driving, use your cruise control; maintaining a consistent speed cuts down and conserves gas.
- According to the U.S. Department of Energy, each 5 mph you drive over 60 mph is equivalent to paying an additional $0.24 per gallon for gas. It pays to watch your speed!
- Carpool and take advantage of the HOV lanes. Besides conserving by sharing, you'll have less stop and go traffic in the less busy HOV lanes. Better yet, consider telecommuting if your job allows for it.
- Lighten up. The stuff in your trunk adds weight to the car and adds to the amount of energy and $$$ needed to transport it Get into the habit of removing any unnecessary heavy items from your trunk.
- And the most obvious, consider using public transportation if available.
If we all do our part, we'd not only save money at the pump but as an added bonus we'd be contributing to the greening of our environment. Go for it!!
Flickr photo by pixelnaiad
Lora "Leah" Stern - Your Rockland County, NY REALTOR of Choice - (914) 772-4528
Your Rockland County, NY Real Estate Specialist
(914) 772-4528 CELL
(845) 369-1938 DIRECT LINE
(845) 634-0400 OFFICE
(862) 345-2463 FAX
If I can assist you in any way with your real estate needs in Suffern, NY Rockland County or the surrounding areas, please feel free to contact me by phone at (914) 772-4528, email me at Leah.Stern@cbmoves.com or visit my website .