I recently moved from Arlington to Weatherford, a town 30 miles west of downtown Fort Worth. It's what I consider a small town with a population of approximately 28,000, and I love it! The people here are so friendly and my teenage daughter almost always sees a friend from school when we are out and about.
Since I enjoy living in Weatherford, I wanted to share my top 5 reasons I love this town.
- The small town feel with some comforts of a larger city. There's a lot of shopping and good restaurants here to enjoy. Some of the shops are trendy boutiques which are great when trying to find the prefect gift for someone special.
- If you work or play in Fort Worth the commute from Weatherford is around 30 minutes which is great. You can live in a smaller town but be in the city in a flash.
- Weatherford ISD is rated "Recognized" for the third year in a row by TEA. The school district has 7 elementary and 2 middle schools, a 9th grade center and an awesome high school. Go Roos!!
- If you have children, the parks here are great. The city has 9 parks with Cherry Park being our favorite. Nothing beats a nice spring day playing with the kids in the park or splashing around at the city pool in the summer.
- Then there is Weatherford College where you can pick from over 35 areas of study or 19 professional/technical programs, take some basic classes or complete some continuing education courses. Take your pick, Weatherford College has a lot to offer.
Obviously there are many more great things about Weatherford however I wanted to give just a few so you can visit and see for yourself.