A tagline is more than just a set of words that people see next to your name or logo and should be distinct a part of your brand identity. In fact, certain taglines are so identifiable that when mentioned on their own, they are instantly associated with the successful brands they are partnered with. Case in point: Adidas’ “Impossible is Nothing,” Apple's "Think different," Burger King’s “Have it your Way” and MasterCard’s “There are some things that money can’t buy. For everything else there’s MasterCard.”
Like call to action statements, taglines are great at capturing people’s attention and curiosity. With just those few words, a tagline can excite and inspire. When applied to your real estate business, it is crucial that your own should also be identifiable, understandable and genuine enough to build trust and distinguish yourself from others.
Here are some samples of great taglines that our clients are using on their real estate websites:
“Your home is extraordinary. Shouldn't your representation be the same? - http://coastalluxuryliving.com/
“Local Knowledge. International Connections.” - http://www.yourcoldwellbanker.com/
“Uniting Capital with Opportunity” – http://www.globalrealty1st.com/
“Four Seasons of Endless Adventure” - http://www.liveparkcity.com/
“Your Connection to the Beach” - http://www.compassrealestateofdestin.com/
“Moorhouse for Your Money” - http://sweethomenj.com
“Selling San Francisco’s Most Unique Real Estate” - http://roblevy.net/
“Going Above and Beyond for Your American Dream” - http://www.buyorsellwithjenandbob.com/
“Selling Texas, One Acre at a Time” - http://www.melderrealestate.com/
“Excellent Service. Plain and Simple.” - http://www.texas-heritage.com/
“Selling SouthEast Idaho for Over 30 Years” http://www.brandonlonghurst.com/
Looking to create or revamp your own? Here are some easy pointers you can follow to help you think of great taglines for your real estate business:
• Make a creative brief. A creative brief answers all the questions you need when thinking of your tagline A few questions you can ask yourself are:
What kind of impression do I want to leave my clients?
What can I offer my clients that other agents may not have?
What are my company’s strengths?
Who is my target market?
What locations are my specialties?
It helps to know what you want to say before you can think of how to say it. The point is to narrow down the best words that will best describe you as a real estate professional and how you stand out from others. You may list the top 5 words that you think best describe you as an agent and narrow it down from there. Try out a few combinations to see how it fits with your company image. If necessary, you may seek the opinion of trusted colleagues, friends or previous clients for their feedback.
• Be clear. A well-crafted phrase should be concise, elegant and right-to-the point. It’s tempting to use puns, clichés or poetic speech for your tagline, but it’s best to be clear and relatable. The real challenge is to be genuine without being boring or generic.
• Sell the truth. This definitely goes hand-in-hand with being clear. Don’t over-promise with your tagline. You should be owning what you say and it is important to select only the best phrase that is truly representative of your brand.
• Do your research. With thousands of companies out there, coming up with a truly unique tagline is a daunting prospect. It’s a possibility that the phrase you’ve worked so hard at is already owned by another. Prevent future lawsuits and do your Google research. Check if your choice is already being commercially used to avoid trademark conflicts.
• Put it to good use. Now that you’ve wowed yourself with your new catchphrase, it’s time to put it out there. Consistency is key to successful brand marketing. Use your tagline wherever your name or logo appears --- on your real estate website, email signature, business card, ads, flyers and company brochures. Tell your friends about it. Make sure it’s seen and is associated with your company at all times.
There’s no need to stress if you can’t find a tagline that suits your real estate business right away. It’s a creative effort that can’t be accomplished with a snap of your fingers. Take a long walk outside. Read something. Brainstorm long and hard. Soon enough a spark of inspiration will come and you’ll have an awesome tagline that is truly your own.
For more marketing or branding advice for your real estate business, you may contact us for a Free Consultation or reach our guys at 1.800.492.6777.