The Kruschkas live in Lake Ridge, a 38,000 person subdivision in Northern Virginia's Prince William County about 40 minutes south of Washington, DC. Lake Ridge is sited on 4,400 acres of which 1,200 acres are heavily wooded common ground.
Our subdivision and county are separated from Fairfax County to our north by the 2,100 acre Occoquan Reservoir which is the source of much of the water supply for both counties.
Fortunately for us Prince William County decided to build a park and marina on our side of the reservoir. It has a 9-hole Par3 golf course, pro shop. miniature golf, playground, rental tents, trails, summer day camps, First Tee golf courses and the marina where you can launch your own boat or rent one of the several types provided by the park authority.
Arthur and I spend a lot of time at the park and marina enjoying the natural beauty of it and, of course, giving our camera a workout.
We took the above photo about three years ago. Our photography skills are well below average, but I doubt seriously if a professional could have staged it any better.
- The most obvious is that the little girl is having fun slapping the water with a stick and watching the ripples disperse
- She may not realize it yet, but she is studying the principle of cause and effect - every time she slaps the water with her stick it produces the same effect
- Her parents chose wisely when they selected a pet for her. The affection between a gentle dog and child will instill a long lasting love of animals.
- She is also fortunate to have a mother who spends the time to let her enjoy the wonders of nature and not leave her parked in front of a television set
- I see a family full of love as well. Mother, child and dog all seem relaxed together. If I waited five minutes the only thing that might have changed in the photo was the size of the ripples on the water.
- The family is standing on the boat launch ramp which is as popular with children as it is with boaters. It is the only spot at the marina where children can play at water's edge. Ducks and geese are always floating about 20 feet offshore waiting for children to throw out bread. Parents have to be careful because many times the geese are as large or larger than the children and are much too aggressive
- The floating dock serves more than boaters. It is a great spot to watch a father or grandfather teach a young child to fish - they are not always boys, either
The Occoquan Reservoir serves the citizens of Lake Ridge and Prince William County in two ways
- Provides fresh water to sustain life
- Provides recreational opportunities to enjoy life
My Team has 35 years experience in Woodbridge, Dumfries, Manassas, Bristow, Gainesville, Haymarket Prince William County Experience Isn’t Expensive – It’s PRICELESS
Experience Isn’t Expensive – It’s PRICELESS
If you plan to buy or sell a Lake Ridge or other Prince William County home or property contact Karen and Art by Email or call us at 703-499-9279. Put our record of customer service, real estate experience and state-of-the-art technology to work for you in Alexandria, Arlington County, Fairfax County, Prince William County, Stafford County or the entire Northern Virginia Area.