I am still up in the air about what is the perfect closing gift. What fits the old and young, the young family and the empty nesters, what fits everyone? I have many ideas but I have ruled them all out for one reason or another.
1. A nice dinner at a nice resturant- except some people might have special diets.
2. A keyholder- except would it be so unnoticeable that people would just look by it everyday.
3. A massage for the day after move in- except what if people don't want to get naked and fondled by a stranger.
4. A complimentary family picture with or without the house- which would be pointless if they already had a photographer friend.( but would be a good use of my $$$$ camera)
5. A gift certificate to a home improvement store- but yet a certain percentage of the people you sell to will hire everything out and never do it themself.
6. A gift certificate to a gas station- except this gift would literally be burned up or forgotten....wouldn't it?
7. A moving truck for the date of the move for in town movers- except what if it was damaged, taken out of town,...besides this could get expensive.
8. A pizza for the day of the move- back to the special diets.
9. Wine- what if they are a recovering alcoholic?
10. Flowers- allergies.
11. Magazine subscription- but what magazine?
12. Clock- this is what my Realtor gave me at closing....I don't for the life of me know where it is.
13. A nice thank you card for their business- this would seem cheap since most people are giving gifts.
14. Something specific due to something you might learn about the couple- but wouldn't that alienate the other of the couple?
15. A mall gift certificate- maybe they don't like the mall?
Does anyone have a stand by that works for all situations? Maybe I am just over analyzing but what works for everyone?