To often people leave and abandon their pets when things change in there lives. Pets help to releave stress adn are dependant on their owners for survival. Please read this blog written by Sondra
Why did you leave me?
I'm scared without you. I love you. I thought you loved me too.
It seems like it was just yesterday that you brought me home. You were so excited. You just bought your new house. You said a cat made it feel more like a home. At that time, I was just a little kitten. I remember, you always told me that I was so cute and playful. You said that I had the pinkest nose you have ever seen.
When you started bringing in boxes, I enjoyed exploring them. I thought they were FUN. I heard you talk about moving. From listening to you, I thought moving was a good thing.
However, as I sit here in this cage, I'm not so sure that I like moving. This cage isn't as comfortable as the bed was. I can't look out the window. There are 80 other cats here with me right now. One said I will never see you again. Another said that I must have been a bad cat.
An animal shelter employee told me it wasn't my fault. She said some owners view their pets as disposable property. Another said that the bad economy may be part of the problem.
WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME?
- On this given day, this picture could have been any one of 81 cats or 94 dogs that was at the Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region here in Colorado Springs.
- The Humane Society of the Pikes Peak region estimates that only 8% of "lost" cats are reunited with their owners. The nationwide average is 2%.
- I believe this particular kitty was adopted out over Mother's Day weekend.
- As real estate professionals, we need to take the time to ask sellers about their pets. Discourage sellers from leaving their cat behind to fend for its self.
- If you know someone that is looking for a new cat or dog, recommend your local animal shelter. (Here in Colorado Springs, we are lucky to have a very nice.)
written and posted by
Sondra Meyer CPA/Real Estate Broker
Star View Ranch, Real Estate & Financial Advisory Services