How to establish a superior online presence or how do I get buyers?
First a few facts:
- Seventy-three percent of Internet buyers go online in search of a real estate agent and more than three-quarters (79 percent) of these Internet buyers find their real estate agent online.
- Most traditional buyers find their agents through brochures, flyers, and mailers (44 percent) and referrals (19 percent).
- Brokerage Web sites (82 percent) edged Realtor.com (73 percent) and individual agent Web sites (67 percent) as most visited by Internet buyers.
- A higher proportion of Internet buyers are first-time homebuyers (11 percent), compared to 6 percent of the traditional buyers.
- Internet buyers are younger, wealthier and buy more expensive homes. At a median age of 37 years, 66 percent of Internet buyers earn an annual salary of $150,000 or more (compared to 39 percent of traditional buyers,) and buy a median priced home of $452,000, while traditional buyers clock in at 43 years of age and purchase a median priced home of $310,000.
To read this article and more details go to: http://www.flarren.com/head_info/Internet_Advertising.html
So, given that the buyers are on-line, how do we get our share of them?
- The traditional way is to of course put up a website. With an average agent’s website—there is one big problem however.
- It cannot be found!
- Of course it can be found if someone types in your name. But Mr and Mrs relocate in Cleveland Ohio, don’t know your name.
- Instead what they will do is type in a keyword phrase
*(95% of people online find their information on the first three pages of the top search engines, Google Yahoo and MSN)
How do I get in the first three pages of the top search engines?
- Give your Web site a name that relates to a search term or keyword phrase. You can still use your name but you need a searchable term!
What are keyword phrases?
- These are words, phrases that someone looking to relocate enters into the search engines.
- For example Key West real estate, Florida real estate, moving to Florida, Florida relocation, etc.
How do I find the best phrases to use?
- Go to the site below and enter in a phrase. Once there it will show you alternate phrases and how many times that phrase was looked at in the last 30 days. http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion/
- *Software for a PC that helps you find the best keywords. A free download http://www.goodkeywords.com/products/gkw/
This is a great site http://www.addme.com/keywordsuggest.htm
Let’s suppose I pick Key West Real Estate as my keyword phrase. How do I integrate it with my site?
- Enter that phrase into the Heading and the text of your Web site index page and in the description and keywords of the source code.
- *Make sure the new Heading of your site is in text or Gif form and not in a jpeg.
- If you have pictures on the index page. Enter this same phrase into the alt code. (Note if you don’t know how to do this, contact your webmaster) For more information please go to http://www.agenteasysite.com