When it comes to Anaheim, CA real estate, it's not only home to the famous mouse at the "Happiest Place on Earth" it's also home to a population of about 350,000 citizens in the heart of Orange County.
Anaheim homes for sale in April 2011 shows that short sales listings far out weighed "standard sales" and more are expected throughout this year.
Single Family Homes
- 60% of the current inventory of the single family detached homes in April 2011 were identified as short sales or bank repos. that number is down slightly from 64% two months ago.
- 40% of single family homes for the same time period (as compared to 36% two months ago) were identified as "standard sales".
- 70% of condos for sale were either short sales or bank repos (almost the same as two months ago)
- 30% were indentified as standard sales.
Comparing April 2010-2011 Single Family Detached Properties:
- 2010 101 Closings ~ $370,600 Avg. Pr ~ $248.40 Sq. Ft. ~ 75 Days on Mkt
- 2011 79 Closings ~ $340,300 Avg. Pr ~ $227.56 Sq. Ft. ~ 88 Days on Mkt
April 2010-2011 Condo Comparisons:
- 2010 38 Closings ~ $255,800 Avg. Pr ~ $201 Sq. Ft. ~ 97 Days on Market
- 2011 36 Closings ~ $253,500 Avg. Pr ~ $202 Sq. Ft. ~ 117 Days on Market
Anaheim was formerly known for wide open spaces including orange groves and strawberry fields which eventually gave way for development once Walt Disney help put the city on the map by creating Disneyland in the mid-1950's. Today it's a bustling community with continued growth including the Platinum Triangle near Angel Stadium and the Honda Center.
Many of us who live in Orange County love what I call the friendly sounds of summer, 9:30 pm, you can set your clock by the Disney's celebration of fireworks nightly.
If you're selling your Anaheim home, check out my special home selling site, HomeSelling101.com for tips and home selling help. It's the place of "Virtual Learning for the Real Life World of Real Estate".
For home buyers or sellers check out home buying videos on inspections, contracts, disclosures, your final walk through & more. Then contact me Lynda@PreferredHomeBrokers text or direct (714) 595-1494. At Preferred Home Brokers, we've represented home buyers and sellers for 35 years.
-Data Source SoCal MLS & Does not include Anaheim Hills - CA Broker's License 00402040