These are some great tips to make your home show great. Remember your first showing is online and people use those initial photos to decide whether they want to come visit or not. Also people often pull up in front of a house and if it does not look good from the outside, they do not even get out of the car.
6 Inexpensive, Easy Fixes to Better Curb Appeal
1. A home's front door should be the focal point that draws buyers in. Paint it in a brighter shade that contrasts, yet compliments your home's façade. This is a cost effective way to make a big impact on your home's exterior. Complete the look with a new welcome mat - when selling the details matter.
2. Keep your yard maintained while on the market: Make sure the grass is mowed, bushes are trimmed, and blow the driveway free of leaves and debris. For a added touch, edge the lawn for that manicured look.
3. No garden - no problem! Buy inexpensive terracotta pots (Home Depot is a great source) and fill them with low maintenance, colorful, bright annuals such as geraniums, impatiens and petunias. Most people agree that flowers always enhance a yard, deck or porch by adding color and visual interest.
4. Add fresh mulch to clean up, define, add texture and contrast to shady areas where grass won't grow or underneath bushes and in gardens. It's an inexpensive fix that gives you a bang for your buck. (Home Depot sells mulch for $2.50 a bag!)
5. Rent a power washer and brighten up and clean your home's façade. You clean the inside of your home so don't neglect the outside! Rather than paint, (a big expense) brighten up your home's exterior by renting a power washer for under a $100. It's cheap and easy to do.
6. Replace an old, outdated mailbox - they are one of the first things a buyer sees when they arrive at your home. If yours is an eyesore it's a good investment to replace it with a new, updated one. Make sure your house number is visible and consider purchasing a house plaque with your address number.
By implementing these simple fixes you'll enhance the overall appearance of your property and send buyers the message that this is a well cared for home, making a greata first impression!
Home Staging Morris County - Kristine Ginsberg
Elite Staging and Rdesign (201)602-2562
When you're looking to sell quickly and for top dollar, Elite Staging and Redesign of Morris County knows how to get the job done right. We will use proven techniques to create warm, inviting, updated spaces that will appeal to the masses. In today's competitive market, every home can use an edge and that's what Elite Staging is all about.
Home Staging Website: Elite Staging and Redesign
Morris County Staging Before/After pictures: Portfolio