Spring cleaning is a necessity if this is the Spring when you will put your home on the market. But even if, and especially if you are happy right where you are, Spring is a time to not only clean, but to look for new ways to lighten and brighten your surroundings. Even small changes will ready your home to greet the sunny days of Spring. Here are some ideas:
- Clean your front door, polish hardware and consider flanking it with pots of colorful annuals. This will draw the eye and create a welcoming entrance.
- Replace heavy throws and pillows with lighter fabric options.
- Consider removing heavier area rugs to expose wood and tile floors. Take this opportunity to have the rugs cleaned.
- Lighten up display shelves. Replace heavy books with a few framed photos and glass pieces.
- Clean the fireplace and replace the logs and grate with candles or a floral display. A cheerful screen to cover the dark opening would be another option.
- Recover dining room chairs with a light toned fabric, and find coordinating table linens.
- Wash your windows and clean or replace window treatments with lighter options.
- A fresh coat of paint is one of the most inexpensive ways to revitalize a room.
No one looks forward to spring cleaning, but it can be a great motivation to make you fall in love with your home all over again!