I love the Active Rain hosted blogs and really enjoy the social networking you can find on the site-- but I've recently noticed that some pages get indexed longterm by Google, and some pages an dropped within several days from the search engine result pages.
How to check if your blog posts are indexed by Google:
- First, go to your blog on Active Rain
- Copy the entire URL-- except the Http://
mine is activerain.com/blogs/gainesvilleapartments
- Open a Google search
- Type site:
- then paste the copied URL (minus the http://) into the search bar
mine will read site:activerain.com/blogs/gainesvilleapartments
- Hit enter
- Look at what is displayed in the search results
Questions to ask yourself about the results:
- Most importantly: are all of your individual blog posts listed?
- Are some of your individual posts being indexed, and not others?
- Is the URL for your Active Rain blog in the index?
- Are your tag clouds being indexed?
- Are your archives being indexed?
Here's what it should look like ideally:
- Each individual blog post should be indexed and listed in the results
Check out the title and description and consider how you can write them in the future to maximize your click through
- Your main blog page should be indexed
- Your archives should be indexed
- Your tags should be indexed
Share your results here. <----- Why? So we can help each other understand what pages are being indexed on Active Rain by Google, and what we can do to maximize our collective and individual blogging on the site.