Remember, you only get one chance to make a first impression. Here are a few tips to help you prepare for an open house.
1. Make sure your home is clean and organized. Get rid of the clutter. Hire a cleaning service if necessary.
2. Think Curb Appeal. You don't want a buyer to rule out your home based on the outside appearance. The lawn should be trimmed, bushes and shrubs pruned, and leaves raked. And don't forget to put away bicycles, toys, and other items that may make your property seem cluttered.
3. Put out fresh flowers.
4. Lock up your valuables, jewelry, and money. Although the real estate broker will be on site during the open house, it's impossible to watch everyone all the time.
5. Brighten up the home. Turn on all the lights and open the curtains.
6. Remove all pets from the home.
7. Leave the house. Buyers need to feel comfortable walking around your home. They may want to sit down at the dining room table to see if they feel at home. They may want to open the closets or cabinets.. Buyers often don't feel comfortable doing this if the seller is home.
Whether you are buying or selling a home, George Maynes will always work in your best interest while helping to make your real estate transactions as stress free as possible.
George Maynes and his team are excited to assist you in all of your real estate transactions. Please contact George Maynes for a FREE (no obligation) consultation if you plan to buy and/or sell a home. We will provide you with reliable advice so you can make informed decisions.
Prudential Fox & Roach, REALTORS®
2451 Fairmount Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19130