I hope that you were fortunate enough to watch the inspirational show "Over 90 and Loving It." I did and it has kicked this 45 year old's butt into gear with a spirit of motivation and was a blessing to this almost disillusioned year old rookie.
This show had me laughing and crying, reading and writing about how I can incorporate a few of the wonderful ideas, concepts etc., into my business model. Has anyone heard of 'Make a Difference Day" that is marked on October 22, 2011. Well, I will definitely be looking to develop an volunteer event around this day.
Here are a few of the take aways from the uplifting and inspiring film:
- Stay Positive, even if you like me have only had 1 transaction this year!
- Stimulate Your Mind Daily, I start Microsoft Office training tomorrow, so I am covered here. I strive everyday to learn something new, do a puzzle, and having inquisitive children always keeps you on your toes.
- Have a Active Hobby and Interest, luckily I can put a check here because I am also a piano teacher and will begin to take piano lessons again
- Exercise, I will get back on that recumbent bike because seeing the 90+ fabulous folks exercising made me feel very guilty as I munched on salt & vinegar chips.
- Pursue Your Passion, I can put a check here too. I love real estate, running my piano school and will begin to take classes to become a Microsoft Office Specialist tomorrow. I plan on becoming a technical trainer for the sighted, elderly and visually impaired to help out my brother when his IT business gets up and running.
- Don't Worry, I can put a check here because I know that God will provide all my needs.
- Be Open to Love at Any Age
- Help Others, huge check here. I strive to do this at my children's schools, meeting clients, teaching piano, going to the grocery store, everywhere.
- Live Without Fear, larger check here because I know that FEAR means False Evidence Appearing Real.
One of the octogenarians mentioned that we are all like flowers on this earth. I added a bit more to her statement and here it is....
We are all flowers on this earth with a specific length of time, so be sure to bloom where you are planted, the goodness that you leave on this earth will be the seeds that will bloom again for generations.
FYI-My grandmother lived to the age of 95