Never underestimate the power of staging the front door. It is the first point where the agent and potential buyer stop for a period of time as the agent fiddles with the lock box, and the potential buyer pauses to look around. This is your second opportunity to WOW any prospects. Here are some pointers you might need to check in order to prep the front door area ...
· Make sure the doorbell is clean and in good working condition.
· Repaint or stain the front door and doorframe.
· Oil the hinges to make the door “squeak-free”.
· Sweep the front porch, remove cobwebs and replace the doormat.
· Polish or replace the hardware.
· Flank the front door and porch with flower pots of seasonal color
· Illuminate the front door area at night.
· Make sure the key turns easily in the lock.
Wishing you all a spectacular season of sales ...