I arrived at the property to conduct the inspection, parked in the driveway, stepped out of my truck, and.... almost stepped in it.
A fire ant mound. Have you ever been bit by fire ants?
People develop allergic reactions to fire ant bites and some have died. Although the percentage of people that develop the allergy is small, it still happens.
As I walked the property, There were several other mounds on the property and I started wondering.... " why would the seller and their agent allow this to stay?"
Anyone that has ever been bitten, knows how painful it can be, especially to young children.
Picture this.... a young couple steps put of the car, the kids pile out anxious to explore what could eventually be their new home... Mom and dad shout to them to stay close... but, we know how that goes.... kids head onto the lawn... and then.....MOMMYYYYY......
If You, as an agent, see these mounds on anyones property, please aske the homeowners to eradicate the problem.