Paperwork needed to show homes

Real Estate Agent with William Pitt Sotheby's International Realty CT RES.0783448

In order for me to sell your home, I needed a listing agreement filled out as well as some property disclosures forms. For some reason or another, people think I will show you homes without any paperwork or since it's my job to show anybody homes. It is my job to show homes to ready,willing and able qualified buyers or renters. I will not show you homes to either buy or rent show you homes to purchase or rent without a buying agency agreement. CT is a buyer agency state, that means buyers are entitled to representation as much as sellers have historically been. Buyers agency has been in effect in CT since 1996.  We will need an agreement to be filled out in writing.

This agreement gives spells out certain responsibilities to you. They include, obedience, loyalty, disclosures, confidentiality, accountability and responsibility.  Everything that I find out about , I keep confidential long after our agreement is up. Basically, this sets up almost an attorney privilege between us and I will not say anything that will effect your position while negotiating on your behalf, unless you authorize me to do so (like disclosure what you do for a living, why you choose their home compared to everything else).

I am sorry that other agents have not explained the benefits of signing a buyer agency agreement.  I go over this agreement at the first meeting. The time length of time is negotiable. I would hope after one trip out, that you would like me and want to keep working with me.  You will get a copy of this agreement ahead of time to review it before meeting in person.

Even if are not planning on moving immediately, I will still need a buyer agency agreement. This works in your benefit because it keeps me to protect your interests & enables me to ask in your behalf, such as introduce & show you homes matching your search requirements. Also, I can provide you information on past sales in the neighborhood so we can come up with what we feel fair market value is.

You can see additional information about the buyer agency, on the state consumer protection website.

If you are interested in hiring me to be your buyer’s agent to help you a home in the Danbury area, please contact me at 203-417-0523.

Posted by

Jonathan Hall-Realtor Serving Greater Danbury & Candlewood Lake with William Pitt Sotheby's International Realty
Search Local Listings
Explore Danbury Condos
203-417-0523 (Cell)
Local Expertise you can count on




This information is provided by Jonathan Hall,Realtor  with William Pitt Sotheby's International Realty in the Greater Danbury & Candlewood Region of CT. For additional information, please call him at 203-417-0523,203-796-7700X305 or email me at . Unless indicated, all content is the property of Jonathan Hall. If you would like to use any of this information, please contact me for permission. He is a licensed CT Salesperson License #RES.0783448 with William Pitt Real Estate LLC License # REB.0751698. His office is located at 112 Federal Road,Danbury CT 06811.

Comments (0)

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?