Once you've moved in to your new home, it's time to notify everyone of your address change.
Use this list as a starting point:
- Department of Motor Vehicles
- Post office, bank (don't forget to order new checks), voter registration
- Human resources and payroll where you work
- Insurance companies, doctors offices, schools, places of worship, gym memberships
- Cell phone company, magazine subscriptions
- Credit card companies, loan companies
- Personal and professional clubs, licensing boards, organizations, and memberships with benefit plans (like AAA for your car)
- Lawyer, financial advisor, accountant
- Regular deliveries (such as restaurant delivery places or CSAs)
- And don't forget all your friends and family!
Save time if by doing it online if possible; check out a company's website first.