Greetings! This is part five of a six part series. If you want to see other segments go to the bottom of this post...
Time Management – Priority List / Schedule
Begin by scheduling an appointment with yourself. (Initial set-up, monthly, weekly, daily maintenance.)
Create a list of every profile and every site that you use. Take this list and prioritize it. Make note of how much time you are willing to spend on each site. This will help you stay focused and spend time wisely on the sites that matter most. (Click here for a web presence priority list template.)
Don’t question where prospective clients are looking on the web. BE everywhere but really focus the bulk of your time on the places where you can find customers, where you can build relationships and be present. Pick 3 that you will spend more time on. Create profiles on others and spend minimal time on them.
Research time saving syndication tools. Example: Postlets.com can automatically syndicate your listings to FaceBook, Twitter, LinkedIn and more. HootSuite's social media dashboard is also a great time saver where you can schedule posts. Just be careful to “keep it real” with syndication. Nobody likes spammers BUT – this can increase your footprint on the web with minimal effort. Put on your expedition hat and see if this works for you.
You’ve spent the time building your presence – drive people to your sites with a retaggr card. This ties everything together and turns every e-mail that you send into a tool to drive people to your sites. Another source to do this is from www.emailideas.com.
If you want to make good use of your time, you've got to know what's most important and then give it all you've got.
To visit past installments...
- Why social media / Internet marketing is important - (Part ONE)
- Where are you in the realm of this social media mania? (Part TWO)
- Goal / Strategy - SWOT, 10 Strategy Questions, Action Plan
- Ok I'm excited - where do I start? (Part FOUR) (Google Tools)
- Ok I'm excited - where do I start? (Part FOURa) Active Rain
- Ok I'm excited - where do I start? (Part FOURb)
- Time Management - Priority List / Schedule (Part FIVE - you are here)
- How to stay on track, accountable & results driven (Part SIX - coming soon)
Thanks for reading ~