8 Things that Make Fort Washington, PA Great
A transplanted New Englander, I have really come to love living in the Philadelphia Suburbs and especially in Fort Washington, PA. If you are considering moving to Philadelphia, here are 10 things that make Fort Washington, PA great:
1. Our Schools: Our schools are consistently among the best performers in the state. Our elementary school Fort Washington Elementary ranks 5th in the state and out brand new, state of the art high school, with a 99% graduation rate, consistently ranks in the top 100 of Pennsylvania's High Schools.
2. Convenience: Located right off of the Pennsylvania Turnpike, Interstate 309, and minutes from Route 476 and the Schuylkill Expressway, Fort Washington is a 30 minute trip to Philadelphia, Philadelphia's International Airport, and shore and mountain points.
3. Beautiful Parks + Open Space: There are so many incredible parks filled with jogging trails, hiking trails and picnic spots that you don't have to go far to enjoy the great outdoors
4. Great Restaurants: While Fort Washington is a small community, it has several excellent restaurants in the area that provide super food, fun atmosphere and budget friendly menus.
5. Eclectic Mix of Neighborhoods: Fort Washington has a varied inventory of homes with everything from new construction to 100 year old plus homes. Most are set on beautiful, quiet, tree lined streets.
6. Your Kids Can Ride Their Bikes Here: With so many planned neighborhoods, there are opportunities for our kids to do what we did, ride their bikes and explore their world. Priceless!
7. Active Community: In every sense, Fort Washington is an active community. At any given time, you will easily find someone jogging, riding their bike or in the midst of a boot camp class at a local park. We also have been blessed by a new YMCA that offers incredible amenities for all ages and fitness levels.
8. Diversity: Our community is an eclectic mix of people from all races, religions and backgrounds which makes for all kinds of festivities to celebrate throughout the year.
8 Things that Make Fort Washington, PA Great!