Addison Pacesetters Hear From Our New Mayor at Dunn Bros. Coffeehouse.
Addison Pacesetters (Addison, Texas residents 50+ years of age) meet the first Wednesday of each month at Dunn Bros. Coffeehouse on Belt Line Road and learn about the Town of Addison. This month, Todd Meier, Addison's new Mayor, spoke to us.
Here are some interesting tidbits from Mayor Meier's presentation:
- This was the Mayor's first public speech in his capacity as Mayor. He was sworn in last Tuesday.
- Communicating and connecting with Addison neighbors is a priority.
- He walked across Addison and knocked on 2,684 doors (those who voted in the previous election) during the campaign.
- Todd will focus on economic development, partner with residents and enhance what's already here
- During Q&A:
- city employees are key assets and the last thing to consider is layoffs
- the budget session starts Saturday
- 20% of Addison is residential, so we have good property values
- he hopes to raise commercial values by filling vacant office buildings
- he'd like to continue the coffe-with-the-Mayor sessions and change the location (to Dunn Bros?)
- Visit Addison Center is open
If you're not an Addison resident and would like to become one, please contact me about purchasing a condo, townhome, duplex or single family home in Addison, Texas. Addison is a great place to live, work and play!
Next month, the first Wednesday is July 6th. Come out and join the Addison Pacesetters at Dunn Bros.