There is a Home Buyer Tax Credit for Teachers, Police Officers, Teacher Aide; School Librarian; School Nurse; School Counselor, Emergency Medical Services Personnel; EMT, Peace Officer; Corrections Officer; Juvenile Corrections Officer; County Jailer; or Public Security Officer, emergency care attendant; emergency medical technicians; emergency medical technicians - intermediate; emergency medical technicians - paramedic; or Licensed paramedic, Peace Officer, County Jailor and Corrections Officer. This Home Buyer Tax Credit is called the MCC Home Buyer Tax Credit. The MCC stands for Mortgage Credit Certificate and few lenders offer to do them. I offer it and do not charge anything to do the additional paperwork and get you approved for the Tax Credit. Here are the some of the Highlights:
- The MCC(Mortgage Credit Certificate) tax credit allows you to save up to $2000 a year off your income taxes. This increases your refund by up to $2000. Real Money, not just a tax write off.
- You will receive this money for as long as you are in the home. The credit is based on the amount of interest you pay on the home. So around year 15 you will see the tax credit start to decrease, etc.
- It is available for any home in the Houston, Sugar Land, Conroe, Katy, The Woodlands, Pearland, Harris County, Fort Bend County, Brazoria County, Montgomery County area or any where in Texas.
- There is a 1%(of the loan amount) fee and other minor fees to the Government (etc) for this program. The savings way out weight the cost!
- I do not charge you to get approved and to do the additional paperwork for this tax credit. It is a FREE service to my clients.
- You can get this tax credit with almost any type of loan: FHA, VA, Conventional, USDA, etc
- There are income limits. They differ by the County you live in and the size of your family.
This is an amazing Tax Credit program and I wish more people took advantage of it. Call me today to see if you qualify for this Home Buyer Tax Credit. Make sure you know all your options when getting a Mortgage.