As Canada grew west across the prairies a subcontracting company, Langdon and Shepard company broke ground on a new station. The year was 1882 and due to the location of the station on a horse shoe of the railway the town received the nick name "The Good Luck Town" .CP named the station after the first subcontracting partner Langdon. The town grew quickly with CP offering farm land for $15 per acre. In the early 1920's Langdon's population had grown to 2000 people. As the railroad moved further west and automobiles came over the prairies Langdon was over shadows by its neighbour to the west, Calgary. In 1975 Langdon was designated a hamlet (unincorporated community) in MD of Rockyview.
Today Langdon is one of the fastest growing hamlets in Alberta and has a population of over 3500 people.