Make a Good First Impression Selling Your Home in Rockwall Texas
Seller Tip Series - Tip #1 Selling Your Rockwall Home
The current real estate market in the hometowns in Rockwall County, Rockwall, Heath, Fate, Royse City and Rowlett, is competitive and every buyer does comparison shopping. Many are shopping for a "steal of a deal" and sellers selling their Rockwall County homes should prepare to compete much as if going into combat! There are many things an owner can do to see that their home shows to be the best possible advantage. Making a small investment in time, money and effort may provide a solid advantage over competing properties. Do you really want to sell your Rockwall County home?
Sell Your Home
MAKE A GOOD FIRST IMPRESSION SELLING YOUR ROCKWALL HOME
THERE IS NEVER A SECOND CHANCE TO MAKE A FIRST IMPRESSION
Paying attention to detail now will result in making a good first impression selling your home in Rockwall. Buyers do remember their first impression upon entering your Rockwall home for sale You only have one chance and it starts with what is often referred to as "curb appeal", continues on up the walk to the front porch and inside stepping into the foyer.
That first impression is the most important and many people form an opinion of the home within the first few seconds and minutes.
Sell Your Home Make a Good First Impression Selling Your Home in Rockwall
Seller Tip Series - Tip #1 Selling Your Rockwall Home - First in a series of Seller Tips designed to assist you with selling your Rockwall home and positioning your home to sell in today's competitive market place.
Position Your Home to Sell! Prepare as if going into combat!
Think like a buyer! Think like a Realtor! Get it sold!
Now is not the time to save pennies at the risk of loosing dollars!
Some tips to create a the best first impression when selling your Rockwall home include:
Exterior Appearance - Create Great Drive-Up Appeal - Landscaping Provides a Clue of Things to Come!
- Take a photo of your home from the front side walk - see it as for first time as a potential buyer will see it.
- Keep lawns cut.
- Trim hedges and shrubs.
- Weed and edge gardens.
- Add color with seasonal flowers.
- Clear driveway and clean up oil spills.
- Clean and organize garage.
- Touch up paint and repair any rotted wood.
- If it's broke...fix it, making repairs where needed.
- Clean and/or paint the mail box, replace if needed.
- Water and fertilize to keep green.
- Keep garage doors closed.
- Power wash exterior of the home as needed, including sidewalks & driveway
At The Front Door - This Is the "Welcome" to Your Home, Hopefully Their Soon to Be New Home.
- Clean porch - no dust or cobwebs.
- Ensure doorbell works.
- Repair screen on door.
- Fresh paint or varnish front door - consider replacing door if needed.
- Repair door locks and key access.
- Add color or tasteful decorative touch, rocking chair, small table, etc.
Create A Buying Mood - Paint the Picture for Comfortable Living
- Foyer should say "welcome" and set the tone for the rest of the home.
- Turn on lights - replace dim or burned out bulbs - buyers like light homes!
- Turn on air conditioner/heater - make the prospective buyers comfortable.
- Open the drapes - let the natural light in & be sure windows are sparkling clean.
- Light the fireplace - create a cozy warmth on a cool day.
- Give it the "smell" test to make sure the home smells fresh.
- Fresh flowers add drama and romance.
- Clear halls and stairs of clutter.
- Store surplus furniture - get it out of the home.
- Clear kitchen counter and stove top - no clutter allowed.
- Organize and de-clutter closets making them seem larger.
- Music is nice, but keep it soft & upbeat.
- Remove magnets from refrigerator.
- Remove all or most personal photos and certificates - you want them to see the home, not learn about you.
- Consider using a Stager - often the best value seller will find for the expense.
Maintenance - A Well Maintained Home Will Receive Better Offers.
- Repair leaking taps and toilets.
- Clean furnace and filters.
- Tighten doorknobs and latches.
- Repair cracked plaster.
- Touch up paint.
- Clean and repair windows.
- Repair seals around tubs and basins.
- Replace defective light bulbs - bright is better.
- Adjust doors which do not properly open & shut.
- Oil squeaking doors.
- Repair squeaking floorboards.
- Repair doors that stick or do not close properly.
Squeaky Clean - Above All Else, Home Must Be "White Glove Test" Clean
- Clean and freshen bathrooms.
- Clean fridge and stove (in and out).
- Clean around heating vents.
- Clean washer and dryer.
- Clean carpets, drapes and window blinds.
- Clean & organize garage - often the garage is "the important feature" to some buyers.
Develop a Showing Plan to Put in Action when an Unexpected Showing Opportunity Arises!
- Every person living in the home should know how to quickly get their area "show ready".
- Continue to de-clutter, never leave mail laying around, shoes stacked on the floor...go to bed each night with the home show ready.
- Leave the home each day in "show ready" condition.
The Lake Ray Hubbard and all the great surrounding hometowns: Rockwalll, Heath, Rowlett, RoyseCity and Fate offer a wide variety of homes for sale in all price ranges. Preparing your home for sale is the most important step toward positioning your home to sell in the current market place.
Thinking of Selling Your Home! Call the local expert, the name you know, who has served all the Hometowns around Lake Ray Hubbard by participating in thousands of homes listed and sold. Would you like to receive a FREE Home Evaluation for Your Home?
The Name You Know, Barbara Hensley, The Barbara Hensley Collection. RE/MAX Hometown
Make a Good First Impression Selling Your Home in Rockwall