Tips for your next cruise...
1. Book early. Booking three to six months in advance often will save you money - and give you the best choice of cabins. The earlier you book, the bigger the discount.
2. Pay early. Several cruise lines give an extra discount - sometimes as much as 15 percent - if you pay in full at least six months in advance of your cruise date.
3. Book late. Last-minute bookings can also result in savings; no ship wants to leave with empty cabins. However, cabin choice may be limited. We have deals leaving Tampa From $150! Check out this site.
4. Consider off-season. "High season" refers to the most popular time to take a particular cruise. Go a little before or after this time for better rates. For example, try Alaska cruises in April, May and September, Mediterranean cruises in September and October or Caribbean cruises in early fall or in January and February. But be sure to check the typical weather or wildlife activity for the time you choose. Also, fares may be less just before or after a holiday.
5. Consider a repositioning cruise. Typical repositioning cruises go between the Mediterranean and the Caribbean, or from Alaska in the fall to the California coast or to Baja for the winter. Repositioning cruises are sometimes half the cost for the same number of days, but more of those days are at sea.
6. Put together a group. Groups that travel together, save together. Usually if there are 15 or more - be it a church group, a school group or even a family reunion - you can get a free ticket.
8. Consider an inside stateroom. To some people, the view is important. To others, the cabin is only a place to sleep and change clothes, and they would rather give up the window and keep the money. If you like to sleep late, having an inside cabin will prevent early morning sunshine from waking you, but you won't know the weather until you leave your room.
9. Have 3 or 4 to a cabin. Third or fourth persons (or children) travel at a substantial discount, and sometimes free. Just make sure you get along - it can be excruciatingly crowded.
10. Check the Internet for special promotions. Subscribe to newsletters and watch for cruise news, deals and discounts. There may be two-for-one deals, kids-sail-free deals or offers of 50 percent off for the second passenger. Sign up for deal and steals at Travel Made Well