Before you open your Norman-area home for showings, you'll want to take a tour through the house to inspect if for repair needs, safety hazards, and areas that need cleaning. You'll also want to ensure that you and your possessions are protected. Preparing your Norman, Oklahoma-area home for showings is critical to making a good impression on prospective buyers and, ultimately, getting offers on your Norman-area home.
You are legally obligated to tell your buyer about the physical condition of your Norman-area home. This includes whether it has termites or other pests, and the condition of the walls and other structural elements. Ideally, you should address these issues before you put your Norman-area home on the market.
Protecting visitors from possible injury on your property and yourself from lawsuits is another area you'll want to cover before opening your Norman-area home for showings. Take a walk through your house and attend to any safety problems. Examples include:
- Slippery throw rugs - take them up.
- Loose steps need to be fixed.
- Put down rubber mats on slick areas such as front steps.
- Put pets in enclosures or arrange for someone to take them during your home showings.
Along with making sure you take care of safety and repair issues, you will also want to make sure your Norman-area home looks neat and clean. Pay close attention to these areas:
- Make sure your Norman-area home looks appealing from the outside. Trim shrubs, mow the lawn, and remove clutter around the outside of your house.
- Clean the windows and apply fresh paint to cover up dirt and stains.
Security is also an important concern when you are showing your Norman-area home. Unfortunately, some people pose as buyers so that they can burglarize your home later. Take precautions when showing your home to strangers:
- Don't display expensive art, silver, china, or other valuable items.
- Keep debit and credit cards, checkbooks, cash, and house keys either with you or locked up.
- Hide prescription or expensive medications.
- Go through all closets, dressers, and cupboards and remove or hide anything of value such as designer clothing, jewelry, and cameras.
Preparing your Norman, Oklahoma, area home for showings involves a great deal of planning. An experienced realtor can help you get ready for showings.
If you are selling your home in Midwest City, Blanchard, Edmond, Shawnee, or Oklahoma City, and would like the assistance of an experienced realtor, please contact me online, give me a call at 405-366-1111 or check out my website.