Park City Utah Real Estate and the Foreclosure Process
Is a distressed Property right for you?
Distressed sales are a sad fact of the Real Estate market. While no one wants to see a homeowner lose their home, these properties also present unique opportunities for buyers. To determine whether you are a candidate for such a purchase, it's important to learn all you can about distressed properties - and to work with qualified buyer's representative who can guide you through each step of these complex, non-traditional transactions.
Foreclosure is a process, with buying opportunities at each stage:
- A period of time that begins with the initial mortgage default and ends when the distressed property is sold
- When the property is auctioned to the highest bidder, someone who also meets the terms of the sale.
REO (Real Estate Owned)
- If a foreclosure sale is not successful, property ownership is transferred to the lender
What is a Short Sale?
This is a situation in which a seller owes more on their loan than a sale of the property will produce, and they are unable or unwilling to make up the difference at closing. The seller may or may not be in pre-foreclosure. Banks may consider a short sale to a new buyer to reduce their losses.
Your buyer's representative can give you specific guidance based on your situation and the type of distressed property you want to purchase. But for starters, consider these questions:
- Are you flexible on timing? Can you make a quick decision and/or accommodate months of possible delays?
- Is your purchase limited by any contingencies, such as needing to sell your current home first?
- Have you already secured financing?
- Do you have resources to repair and rehab the property, if needed?
- If you are buying the property for investment purposed, what is your action plan? Do you intend to rent or resell? Or perhaps inhabit the property until market conditions improve?
Your buyer's representative can assist you further in answering these and other questions which will help you determine whether this path to homeownership is right for you.
ABR Magazine - empowered by REBAC
Check out the IDX Websites with Homes for Sale in the following locations:
- Alpine Homes for Sale
- American Fork Homes for Sale
- Cedar Hills Homes for Sale
- Eagle Mountain Homes for Sale
- Highland Homes for Sale
- Lehi Homes for Sale
- Mapleton Homes for Sale
- Orem Homes for Sale
- Provo Homes for Sale – Provo Home Selling
- Payson Homes for Sale
- Pleasant Grove Homes for Sale
- Saratoga Springs Homes for Sale
- Spanish Fork Homes for Sale
- Springville Homes for Sale
Homes available for Sale in Salt Lake County
- Salt Lake City Homes for Sale
- Draper Homes for Sale
- Herriman Homes for Sale
- Riverton Home for Sale
- Sandy Homes for Sale
- South Jordan Homes for Sale
Homes available for Sale in Summit County
Homes available for Sale in Weber County
Homes available for Sale in Davis County