Moving across the State of Washington? If so, I have some great referral partners, like The Lane Real Estate Team I met today at the Raincamp 2011 at Bell Harbor Conference Center on Elliot Bay in Seattle. They have a great understanding of what it takes to have a solid real estate practice.
Ok, I'll be the first to admit the following points will seem a bit random, but the points are some takeaways from Tuesday's ActiveRain RainCamp that I find valuable. I've posted Monday morning's before the break and after the break takeaways, as well as Monday afternoon's takeaways as well. Enjoy...
- Optimize your ActiveRain signature link with your keywords to provide a link back to your ActiveRain profile with your main keywords.
- The meta description (in search results) is pulled from the first sentence of your ActiveRain blog, and occasionally, the last sentence in the blog entry.
- Make blog entries timeless. In other words, write the blog entry so the content is relevant 2 years from now.
- 2 really good ActiveRain University classes tomorrow. Go here to register.
- Takes 1 closed transaction to cover the annual ActiveRain Rainmaker fee!
- You need to limit the amount of time devoted to social media - use it as a tool, not a lifestyle.
- Flavors.me provides accessibility to you for your clients and associates.
- SocialMention.com provides a resource for finding what folks are discussing on a topic you input. Receive free daily email alerts of your brand, company, CEO, marketing campaign, or on a developing news story, a competitor, or the latest on a celebrity.
- Your true worth is determined by how much more you GIVE in value than you TAKE in payment.
- How to unsuck your business:1 be there (show up), 2 be accessible, 3 be responsive, 4 be attentive (listen), 5 be givers, and 6 be valuable.
- "Your true worth is determined by how much more you GIVE in value than you TAKE in payment."
- It's a beautiful day today, have you blogged about it: http://youtu.be/Hzgzim5m7oU
- Blog about restaurants (or other reviews) then copy the post over to Yelp! for additional exposure.
- Remember old school real estate farming? Well, do the same but with your blog.
- Debe Maxwell's market reports are a good example of great market reports.
- My favorite blogging topic suggested: Steps to Selling a Home (checklists)
- Bob Stewart says blogged local events are the highest grossing traffic generators on ActiveRain.
- When re-blogging at ActiveRain, post, the edit, then change the title to make the re-blogged blog more relevant to your area niche.
- Set up Hit Router and Listing Referrals in your ActiveRain profile.
- Want all those cool fonts, colors, sizes, you see folks using at ActiveRain, try Firefox' Scribefire. Or, http://www.online-html-editor.org/
- Wikimedia Commons ~ A database of 10,391,904 freely usable media files to which anyone can contribute.
For anyone who has not attended a RainCamp, we couldn't recommend RainCamp anymore than saying if RainCamp Seattle were held tomorrow (again) we would be here! :-)